Sunday 15 March 2009

I'm back

Sorry for the long period of absence. No excuse except for being busy getting everything ready for the trip and trying to get the last portion of sponsorship (still looking by the way!). From now on though i will try to update whenever i can and let you know about the run up to the race.

Flights are booked so i am officially, 100% going to Australia at least! leaving on the 5th April so only 3 weeks away and it's getting incredibly exciting. Can't wait to leave and get out on the boat and meet the rest of the crew. Peter form the crew is going to be joining me on the Yachtmaster Ocean Theory course i'm doing this week so it will be great to get to meet him and get to know each other before the many weeks at sea.

On other news, there has been so much! I have hopefully gained £2000 more sponsorship in the last week or so but i am still about £5000 short. I am already funding a lot of the trip myself and have resigned myself to the fact that i won't be able to afford to go back to university to persue my dream career. Well at least not for the moment. Instead i will be looking for a full-time job wen i get back to help repay the many loans i have had to get from family. It's going to be a hard slog but well worth it. Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith, grasp the opportunity and deal with the fall-out afterwards!

No comments: