Friday 13 February 2009

More Press

Yay i'm in the paper again! This time the Suffolk Free Press have done a follow-up and it's in the sports section with a photo of me grimacing despite the fact i haven't taken a stroke and am just sitting there. A few of you will notice that i'm pointing into the bank as well. Got the Scope t-shirt in for the first time now that i am OFFICIAL. Tha's right, i have a letter of authority and everything. So what's new? It's been more of the same really. Training and fundraising. The money search is becoming increasingly frustrating but we will get there! After the high of the race night it's really time to knuckle down and move on to the next event. I am going to hold a huge, gigantic raffle with prizes generously donated from shops and companies in the local area. It's still in the planning stages at the moment but expect to see tickets coming out in the next couple of weeks. So far prizes include meals, makeovers, hampers and gym memberships. All health related of course. Still looking for that elusive corporate sponsor or even someone who will listen to my pitch. The credit crunch is making this twice as hard as normal but they say that the hardest part of ocean rowing is getting to the startline. If i have to get a loan then i will. I can't turn this opportunity down, even if it might put my chances of going back to university and starting my new career on hold. That's how much this means to me. To be able to go out there in the middle of an ocean and face the mental and physical battle is truly exhilarating. And raising money for charity whilst i'm on my trip of a lifetime just makes it so much better. Let's just hope that someone else shares my enthusiasm!

No comments: